Do you have a collection of watches? Or do you at least own a watch? Is it real? Is it genuine? Or is it a replica? Having a watch and wearing it around our wrist makes us time conscious. And it is not a bad habit or bad connotation. In fact, I consider it as a positive character because it will lessen our tardiness when it comes to work, school, or meetings.
What things do you consider when buying a watch? Does it have to be big? Does it have to be small? Does it have to be Rolex? Or any watch will do as long as it tells you the correct time? Owning a factual watch would cost us a lot of money but buying a fabricated watch will not stay long on your ownership. So, what watch does an individual really need?
You need to consider many things. Though it’s just a watch, you might want to own something that is good, useful, and affordable. A material that is expensive is not always beneficial and not all low-priced things are useless. Sometimes, you just need to be meticulous to possess the things that you really want and you really need.
Now let’s see the most common factors that you need to consider in selecting a watch:
1. Time or When to purchase a watch. If you’re not in a hurry to buy a watch, then take some time first to read articles, scan magazines, visit sites that deals with watch, etc. so you can have a wide variety of watches to choose from.
This will give you an idea of how much money you will be spending, plus you don’t need to spend a lot of time in the mall trying to figure out what watch will best suit your needs. But if you really need the watch already, then at least bring with you at least two friends so you could ask for their comments and suggestions regarding watches.
2. Money. Save or set apart your budget (if you have one) so you will not be able to spend it on other things. Some people (including me) tend to spend my budget for other things, which I really do not need. Doing this, will not let you spend too much money for a watch.
3. Brand. Some of you may have your eyebrows raise and ask “What the heck?” This is true. You might want to consider also he brand of what that you will be buying. Is it already tested? Is it known for durable products? You have to know these things if you want to own a watch that will last long.
4. Where to buy. If you’re buying from the watch store itself (e.g. Rolex store) then I guess you can omit this on your list. But if you will be buying from malls or department stores, then you need to consider this factor.
This is important for if in case the watch that you bought is damage, you can easily go to the store where you bought it and ask for a replacement. Just be sure that you have the receipt with you for they will not entertain you if you don’t have any proof of purchase.
5. How the watch looks like if you’re wearing it. If you’re already on the store to buy your watch, you might want to consider fitting it before buying it. Does it look good on you? Does it suit all your clothes? I’m sorry to disappoint you but not all watches can be appropriate with different kinds of dresses. Be sure that it looks good on you and you feel comfortable wearing it.
There are so many things that you still need to consider in selecting your watch. But at least you have an idea as to how to select the appropriate watch for you. I hope this helps you even just a bit.